Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tomato Watch


I'm having a little friendly competition with my dad. While I was in Florida for Memorial Day weekend I gave him some tomato seeds for his birthday. He thought it would be fun to see who had better 'luck' with the plants this year.

My babies were planted June 4. I went out to the garden two weeks ago to water and took a few pictures. They are looking great.

Now remember, these pictures are from July 22nd. This past Saturday July 29th I was out there again (without my camera) and a lot of the plants had tomatoes on them ! Pretty cool.

We planted Brandywine, they are heirloom seeds dating back to 1885. They are known for their great flavor and the fruits get up to 1 pound.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get to eat some before the birds do.

I also planted a lot of basil.. so I'm looking forward to tomato, basil and mozzarella! Yum!!

No comments: